Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Cleanse: day 1

I guess I was a little cocky 24 hours ago. The rest of day one kind of went down hill fast. Look at my food intake and see if you can guess why:

  9AM: hot water with lemon
10AM: berry smoothie
12PM: detox tea
  1PM: green salad with carrots, cukes, cauliflower, sunflower seeds, and avocado dressing
  3PM: rest of the berry smoothie
  5PM: dried figs and plums
  6PM: detox tea
  8PM: curried butternut squash soup
  9PM: more prunes and figs, some cashews

I'm trying to trust the process and follow the plan, but it's hard to believe I am supposed to be able to function on SO little protein. I guess I probably should have had some nuts earlier in the day, but I was feeling so good it didn't cross my mind. I knew that I was in trouble, however, when I went to the grocery store with a list that should have taken me 20 minutes and was in there for an hour. I tracked back to the produce department three times for forgotten items. By the time we got Marlo bathed and in bed and our soup eaten, I was so tired that I practically fell in bed, and I was asleep in all of 10 minutes.

I have spin class tonight and I'm more than a little concerned that I'm going to fall off the bike. My legs feel weak going up and down the stairs. I'm making more of an effort to get protein however I can, and I've made the executive decision that if I'm going to do such vigorous exercise, I am entitled an extra smoothie with protein powder. I don't want to be one of these A-holes who declares themselves on a cleanse and then proceeds to eat whatever they can rationalize into the plan, but I think in this case some vegan protein powder is in order.

I have never spent so much money on food and been so hungry.



No comments: