Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Firstworld problems

I think that twitter is breaking my brain. No, I know that twitter is breaking my brain because the first time I wrote that, I wrote "brian." I'm totally obsessed and I get all pissed off and frustrated if the people I follow don't tweet enough. I'm all like HOW CAN IT BE POSSIBLE THAT NOT ONE OF THE 133 PEOPLE I FOLLOW HAS HAD SOMETHING TO SAY IN THE LAST TWO MINUTES?!?!?! I NEED TO FOLLOW MORE PEOPLE TO MAKE THE FLOW OF USELESS INFORMATION MORE CONSISTENT. It's really pretty sad and proves that the end is nigh, at least for intelligent thought.

I'm blaming twitter for my lack of blog posts. Twitter and a two-year old child. One for ruining my attention span and the other for driving me to drink away my free time. It's so much nicer to find a comfortable spot to pin blame rather than to confront myself over my total lack of self-discipline.

So welcome to my blog, where the only consistent theme seems to be the inconsistency of my posts. Now appearing biannually!

I just googled "biannually" to make sure that's what I meant.


3 comments:

tipsybaker said...

Interesting that you want people to tweet more. Whenever I tweet, I immediately lose a few followers which makes me feel like never tweeting again. The first time this happened I had something like 28 followers and all of them were people I knew and so I knew exactly who had found my tweet boring. I wanted to cry and probably did which was stupid and so I didn't tweet again for months after that.
Drink is a reasonable response to life with a 2-year-old.

Tori said...

Tipsy - I never tweet, because somebody told me in the early days of twitter that they had a friend they were following who tweeted the most boring stuff. She was telling me about him precisely because she thought I would be the opposite, and wanted me to start a twitter account. Funny the messages we choose to hear sometimes, right?

As far as your twitter goes, I'm always glad to see you pop up in my feed.

Tori said...

I can't believe I used "they" like that. *she had a friend that she was following. Geez. I told you twitter is rotting my brain.