Monday, November 22, 2010

Snows!

I love snow. I love it because I grew up in the Seattle metropolitan area, where it only snows every so often, and when it does, the entire city goes into mass hysteria. To wit: schools closed early today because we are supposed to get 2 inches of snow this afternoon. It's supposed to be sunny and cold tomorrow and a district superintendent said he just wasn't sure whether schools would be able to open. This is the sort of thing that makes non-natives from places like Buffalo or whatever where it snows 20 feet a day all winter long go into a rage and demand more snowplows. It is the sort of thing that makes native folk like me grab a beer and a big piece of cardboard and head to the nearest sledding hill. Which is any hill because most roads are just closed instead of plowed.

In summary, snow days for grownups = RAD.

1 comment:

Layne said...

Eh, I'm kind of over snow as an element. I plan to be one of those oldsters who moves to someplace warm. Not Arizona, because I'm kind of over deserts, too.