Monday, September 5, 2011

who doesn't love to talk about barf

So I was just sitting around watching the clock, wondering if it was appropriate to go to bed at quarter after eight, when I realized - I should write a blog post! That should get me past the nine o'clock mark.

Where have I been, anyway. Oh yeah. Last weekend it was the crippling sickness. I started feeling just a little nauseous at bedtime Friday before last, and by 1:45 or so I was playing Sophie's Toilet Choice. This lovely little scene repeated itself hourly until the sun came up, and I managed to not die of dehydration before Marlo got up and Mo could run to the store to get me Sprite and Popsicles.  All day Saturday I just lay there comatose, alternating between fever and chills. I ate four oyster crackers and a piece of toast. Then around 5:30 pm Mo came crawling (literally) into the bedroom and said he didn't feel so good. So the both of us crawled to the kitchen, managed to put some sort of food in front of Marlo, and put her to bed shortly after six. Then we both got back in our bed and stayed there until morning. Thank God that Marlo didn't object to being parked in her crib so early. I really have no idea what we would have done if she had refused to go to bed. I think she would have had to stay in there crying.

Sunday I made great strides - I got out of bed and onto the couch. Mo never actually got all the way sick, and was feeling okay-ish, but Marlo still spent the majority of her day watching Sesame Street and/or Project Runway. I think Sunday I managed two pieces of toast and maybe even some chicken noodle soup by dinner.

The worst part about it (besides the uncontrollable wretching) was that I lost three days of my Shred. I wasn't strong enough to work out again until Tuesday, and although I basically ate four pieces of bread all weekend I don't think the stomach flu makes for a reliable diet plan.  Tomorrow I step it up another level, though, and start a six week mom and baby bootcamp class. When I called to sign up and spoke to the instructor, she seemed super nice. Until after I gave her my credit card info. Then she started laughing like a maniac and promising she was going to kick my ass. I'm half parts exaggerating/half scared shitless.

No comments: