Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The Blah-Blechies

I don't know about the rest of yous, but when I spend a day sitting on my ass I usually feel great for the first eight hours or so. Then it's all downhill.

This is the situation I find myself in today. Not that I was without accomplishment. Just that there was not so much physical, moving type activity.

The movement thing is a Catch-22. My dainty little hips are so delicate these days. It's like they are on a very specific step-taking count and if I dare to take one step over, KA-BLAM! MY LEG DISENGAGES FROM THE SOCKET. Or at least that's what it feels like is gonna happen. So I feel awful if I move too little, awful if I move too much. I was limping when I went to bed last night, and I was limping when I got up this morning. Therefore I figured I had better take it easy today and do most of my baby-shopping legwork online.

So what did I accomplish, you ask? Well, I ordered a gliding ottoman to match the Dutailier glider I was lucky enough to get for free. Free glider = way better than $700 glider, which was the asking price for the other one I was wanting. So I spent $279 on a fancy little padded gliding footstool with the handy nursing stool option and called it good. Can you believe they charge that much for ottomans, by the way? Highway robbery. But a good $30 less online than I was quoted in-store for the same thing.

I also pulled the trigger and ordered a dozen Rumparooz Lil Joey diapers. I am becoming more determined to cloth diaper my child with every person who tells me I'm crazy and/or stupid to try. Oh wait, that's just my mother. Anyway, the Lil Joey's will be our "going out" diaper, for when we are in the company of those who think we are crazy and cloth diapers are too much work. At home I think we'll probably stick to prefolds, fitteds, and covers - at least until Little Miss learns to roll over, sit up, and do all those other pesky things that make diapers less effective at poo-trapping.

Ooh! Ooh! And last thing - I scheduled a 3D ultrasound appointment! I had been on the fence, but we decided to go ahead and do it. I'm thinking it's one of those things that is just cool enough to overcome the slight creepiness factor. I'll let you know if I was right next Friday.


1 comment:

dreaming and breathing said...

those lil joeys are TINY....they will probably only fit for the first month....unless she is a delicate tiny flower like her momma :)

and not only are they tiny....they are THE CUTEST THING I HAVE EVER SEEN.

can't wait to see the creepy/cool 3d pics!!