Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Getting Back to ... Normal?

I apologize for my extended absence, to those of you who might have noticed. We took a vacation last week and although I had my laptop with me, I figured I should try and be present in the moment rather than sitting back and blogging about it.

So here I am, fresh from a week in the sun, but not so much feeling rested and peaceful or whatnot. Something happened last week - some sort of crazy hormonal earthquake - and I have been feeling a little down in the dumps ever since. I think it's beginning to pass, and no one is more grateful than Husband. He is not used to having a wife who cries because he is not being supportive enough when he says something like "hey, don't worry about it, it's no big deal," especially when it really IS no big deal.

He's also not used to a wife who cries over a make-believe stockyard scene in a made for TV movie and then mopes all the way through a nice steak dinner. For reals.

But it's getting better. I really do feel like the hormonal floor just fell out from under me there, and now I'm getting back on my feet. Self-medicating with red velvet cake and ice cream seems to be helping greatly - I highly recommend it if you're feeling low yourself.




3 comments:

Leopard Girl said...

How do you like the cake?

dreaming and breathing said...

Funny.... I also had an episode. Mine was on Saturday. I sat on the couch and SOBBED for no reason whatsoever. Both my child and husband exchanged looks and asked me what happened.... And I squeaked out "nothing! I am fine! Not upset about anything!".... And continued to bawl my eyes out. So weird.

It's me ...Mavis said...

I simply cannot imagine Ice Man not being supportive... I think he's kinda like the handsome husband... as in "tell me exactly what you need"... those husbands of ours really are there to help... as long as you can tell the "exactly what YOU need"... which is kinda hard... when you are a hormonal wreck... But hey... there's always ice cream... and FREE cereal... BTW... do you guys want any of it? Let me know what kind...