Monday, March 7, 2011

for your consideration, mom of the year committee

Let me tell you how darn inconvenient it is to have a baby who can move, y'all! Just this morning I sat down with my coffee and barely got to read any of my email before she went and pulled Husband's laptop right off the side table (where he had left it well within her reach, I might add).

Oopsies.

Then she went careening off to the vicinity of the stairs. There's no gate there yet. We're a little behind on the whole "babyproofing" thing. We were going to go get a gate yesterday, but Husband was all mad at me for being hungover and my punishment was that I was not allowed to go to Babies R Us. Or rather, he was at full annoyance capacity already and couldn't take Babies R Us on top of everything else.

I would like to state for the record that the worst of my hangover crimes was that I curled up on the couch and watched three episodes of Top Chef AFTER feeding the baby breakfast and making a quiche for ours. And serving my husband his coffee. But whatever. I'm not bitter about it or anything.

The gate is the last piece of the puzzle, and then I think the living room will be relatively safe. I've already got the foamy stuff on the hearth, plug covers and all that jazz. I did just remember that there is a low drawer full of matches that I should probably go ahead and empty. But other than that, once I have the gate I should be able to get back to ignoring my baby like I did when she sat in one place all the time. And that's really the point, isn't it?

No comments: