Sunday, December 27, 2009

For those of you concerned with my nutrition (ahem, Mavis), I present you with this evidence: I ate an orange.


There, aren't you proud of me? In the interest of full disclosure, I have to admit that the little satsuma was part of a larger plot. In my most interesting craving story to date, I was suddenly, urgently overcome with the urge to eat oranges and popcorn. I never eat oranges. I would estimate that I have eaten approximately four oranges over the course of my lifetime. And that includes the 1.5 oranges I have eaten since I marched my happy ass to the grocery store last night to buy me a five pound box of satsumas. As for the popcorn, also not an everyday choice for me. But last night, I had to have both. Together. I really must recommend the combo, if you've never tried it.

In other healthy eating news, check out what I made tonight for dinner. You see, just because I post all my pictures of my delicious binges doesn't mean that's all I e
at. I promise.


Mmmm, look...tasty
turkey meatballs in marinara sauce. What a wonderful source of lean protein and lycopene.

But wait! What's this? Now I've added some whole wheat linguine! Hooray for complex carbohydrates!


And lastly, the piece de resistance - cheese on top! Really, what's not better with cheese on top. And I will have you know that all my pregnancy books tell me what a wonderful source of protein cheese is during pregnancy - so suck it, haters.

1 comment:

It's me ...Mavis said...

Holy Cow... you ate real food... by the way... I hope you recycled that paper towel the satsuma was sitting on.