Thursday, January 14, 2010

21 Weeks

Today marks 21 weeks down. 19 to go. It's always nice to be on the downhill side of things.

I'm starting to look and feel more pregnant. That may be due to the fact that I no longer wear anything but elastic pants, but had you seen the size of me by the end of the day yesterday, you would probably agree that my girth really has increased.

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I am eating INCREDIBLE amounts of food. Husband and I had the following exchange during dinner the other night:

Me: Hey, have you noticed that I can put away an exceptional amount of food lately?
Him: Um, yeah, you can eat.

See? What did I tell you. Last night I had three tacos (while watching The Biggest Loser, no less) and would have totally had a fourth if only I'd had the foresight to fry an extra shell. The three tacos thing in itself is not really too crazy, except for the fact that Husband also had three and I was done and eyeing the kitchen before he had finished taco numero dos. Oh well, I tell myself it's a good thing to try and stretch my belly as full as possible at each and every meal, so as to avoid stretch marks later. So far, so good.

Speaking of belly stretching - with the weather being as dull and mopey as it's been, I have had the urge to bake. So far I've been too lazy to actually go through with it, but there is a recipe in this month's Cook's Country for imitation Hostess cupcakes that might just force me into the kitchen. Or I may wait to make those until after next week's Amazon Fresh delivery (so I don't have to actually leave the house for groceries) and make some brownies from a box instead.

1 comment:

Leopard Girl said...

Those cupcakes looked so good!!!
You get to have brownies on Sunday and I'm also going to bring some vanilla ice cream.