Monday, January 11, 2010

Obsess Much?


I'm not sure if I've mentioned it, but I am rather obsessed with coffee cake lately. And by lately I mean pretty much the whole time I have been knocked up.

I want to make one at home, but then again, I don't. I want to because it will be here at home with me and then I won't be forced to put on outside pants and drive to get some. I don't want to because then it will be here at home with me and I will eat the whole pan by myself before anyone can stop me, I swear I will.

For now Starbucks provides me with my fix. I love the reduced fat cinnamon swirl version...that and my grande half caff nonfat caramel macchiato and I'm in heaven. Luckily, I have an obscenely high balanced Sbux gift card, so that I am not spending $6.50 a day of my own money on my little habit.

The trouble is - and my fellow addicts out there can back me up on this - now that I allow myself to purchase something from the pastry case, my eye is beginning to wander. Coffee cake is a gateway drug that is going to lead me first to those little mini sparkle donuts and then probably on to cupcakes. Oh well.

2 comments:

It's me ...Mavis said...

FYI... the starbux cupcakes stink...as per the monkey's... you could always bake a coffee cake...cut it up and freeze the slices...that way you could have a 2 week supply in the freezer waiting for you each time you wander into the kitchen...

Leopard Girl said...

Rocco Loves Tacos has a coffee cake recipe if you'd like me to make it for you & PC